This homemade Oreo™ cookie recipe is the creation of one of my all time favorite people, Rhea Kothur. Rhea came to GAPS at the young tender age of 7, and has left issues such as eczema, hives, rashes, allergies, asthma, trouble sleeping and GERD which started when she was a baby. She saw no success with steroids and carried and EpiPen most of her life. She couldn’t tolerate outdoors in Spring time, had difficulty with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and sadly, spent most of her time itching. After a few short years on GAPS, Rhea has left all these issues behind her, eats the foods she was previously had issues with, planted a garden and played soccer in the Spring with no issues and even traveled to India without worry. She is a fighter and a joy. Her desire to make clean food is passionate. This wonderful recipe is Rhea’s creation, a tribute to victory, eating food like her peers. Rhea is now 11 years old and thriving. She is the kind of young woman who makes a difference. Her beauty runs deep to her heart but her love for real food is a true example of what food can do for your health. This occasional treat is well worth it.
Homemade Oreo™ cookies are something that can make kids feel included and just like the other kids, even though they are on a real food plan.
Yields 18 cookies
● ⅓ cup coconut flour
● ⅓ cup almond flour
● 5 tbsp cocoa powder
● ¼ – ½ cup honey
● ½ cup melted butter
● ¼ cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small saucepan combine the butter
and the coconut oil and heat until they melt
3. In a separate bowl mix together the other
4. Add the butter and coconut oil mix to the
bowl and stir
2 teaspoons almond extract
pinch of salt
2 sticks real butter (made from pastured cream or use Kerrygold or cultured butter)
1/2 cup honey (less if preferred)
1/4 cup of cocoa powder can be used for chocolate filling
In stand up mixer add eggs, almond extract and salt and mix on low-medium until light and fluffy, a few minutes.
Pour egg mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
Add butter, honey and cocoa to mixer and beat until fluffy, about 15-20 minutes.
Pour the egg mixture slowly into the butter mixture and beat a few more minutes until well combined. Drop dollops of frosting between two cookie pieces as desired.
- ● ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ● ⅓ cup almond flour
- ● 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- ● ¼ - ½ cup honey
- ● ½ cup melted butter
- ● ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. In a small saucepan combine the butter
- and the coconut oil and heat until they melt
- 3. In a separate bowl mix together the other
- 4. Add the butter and coconut oil mix to the
- bowl and stir
- 5. Cover a baking pan with parchment paper,
- scoop the mix on and press it flat
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes
- 7. After baking freeze again for another 15
- minutes. This hardens the cookies and lets
- the cookie hold its shape
- 8. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter or a
- mini mason jar lid
- 9. Frost with the butter cream frosting
- and sandwich thecookies with the creme in the middle. If you
- want the traditional Oreo, do not add cocoa
- powder to the creme.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 sticks real butter (made from pastured cream or use Kerrygold or cultured butter)
- 1/2 cup honey (less if preferred)
- optional 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In stand up mixer add eggs, almond extract and salt and mix on low-medium until light and fluffy, a few minutes.
- Pour egg mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add butter, honey and cocoa to mixer and beat until fluffy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture slowly into the butter mixture and beat a few more minutes until well combined. Drop dollops of frosting between two cookie pieces as desired.
“GAPS™ and Gut and Psychology Syndrome™ are the trademark and copyright of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. The right of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by her in accordance with the Copyright, Patent and Designs Act 1988.
- 5G Causing Illnesses, Stabbing Feeling, Migraines, Dizziness, Vertigo, Skin Rashes, Blurred Vision And More
- Study of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Children Reveals Shocking Results
- Comment On Social Media On Food Caused Monumental Court Case With Shocking Results
- Homemade Tallow and Beeswax Candles
- Health Concern Headlines of Raw Milk Sales Exposed
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar cancer candida chelation cholesterol depression die off Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!