Pickled beets uses apple cider vinegar which is still highly beneficial. Apple cider vinegar, with the mother, replicates hydrochloric acid in the stomach. GAPS folks generally have low stomach acid and need a regular dose of HCl stimulation.
Harvesting beets fresh from the garden happens here twice year, so pickled beets happens at the same time.
Peel beets and slice roughly 1/4 inch thick.
This picture count, minus 4 of the big beets (because Mama wanted some french fried!), were used in this recipe. It’s difficult to give an exact ratio of beets as we just use what is harvested and adjust the apple cider vinegar and honey to taste. We generally fill a 3-quart saucepan three quarters of the way full.
Toss cut up beets into the 3-quart saucepan and cover with filtered water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft. This process only takes a few minutes.
Drain the pot until there’s roughly a half cup of water remaining. This will be less than it looks. Add a half cup of local honey and one cup apple cider vinegar. Stir until combined.
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Peel and slice enough beets to fill a 3-quart saucepan 3/4 of the way full. Bring to a boil, cook for a few minutes until soft. Drain water until 1/2 cup remains - this is less than it looks. Add one cup apple cider vinegar and one cup local honey. Stir. Serve. Some like this cold, others like it warm.
“GAPS™ and Gut and Psychology Syndrome™ are the trademark and copyright of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. The right of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by her in accordance with the Copyright, Patent and Designs Act 1988.
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Shocking Evidence Scurvy Is On The Rise
- Transmission of Lyme Through Mosquitoes, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Urine, Semen, Saliva, Breast Milk…….
- Shocking Findings on Cholesterol and Heart Disease Scam
- What do you do when you just can’t do GAPS, but need it? #overwhelmed
- Natural Beekeeping Shows Outrageous Results
- Natural Support for Headaches and Migraines Due to Barometric Weather Changes
- The Ionic Foot Bath – Effective, Hoax or Something Else
- Natural Remedies For Anxiety, A Bach Flower Guide
- ALA, DMSA and EDTA Chelation While on GAPS
- GAPS Smoothie
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master