All linked products are affiliate links so you can reference or shop if you choose.
The base recipe for a quart size jar is:
2 oak leaves or grape leaves
cucumbers (be sure to cut off the flower end as it contains enzymes that make wimpy pickles).
chopped green onions or white onions quartered
1 tablespoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon dill (use fresh if you can find some)
organic garlic chopped or sliced to your liking
1 tablespoon mineral salt
* 1 tablespoon organic sugar or local honey if you are GAPS (*optional- honey is antimicrobial and will deplete the probiotics. This is an optional ingredient).
Pack all the ingredients in the quart jar. Be sure to leave one inch headroom in the top so the fermentation process doesn’t leak out of the top. Pickles can be sliced however you desire for eating. Be sure to put one oak leaf on the bottom of the jar, then pack in the other ingredients and place the second oak leaf on the top. Fill the jar with filtered water. Put the lid on the jar and leave it on the counter for 3 days then refrigerate.
This recipe is also delicious with ginger added.
*If you learned something from this post share it so others can do the same. To support the efforts of this blog shop the affiliate links above like this one. You pay the same shopping through Amazon while the author receives a small referral fee from Amazon. This offsets the costs of this site.
*Nourishing Plot is written by Becky Plotner, ND, traditional naturopath, GAPS who sees clients in Rossville, Georgia. Since her son was delivered from the effects of autism (Asperger’s syndrome), ADHD, bipolar disorder/manic depression, hypoglycemia and dyslexia through food she continued her education specializing in Leaky Gut and parasitology through Duke University, finishing with distinction. This is not a news article published by a paper trying to make money. This blog is put out by a mom who sees first hand the effects of nourishing food vs food-ish items. No company pays her for writing these blogs, she considers this a form of missionary work. It is her desire to scream it from the rooftops so that others don’t suffer from the damaging effect of today’s “food”.
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Iodine on the GAPS Protocol – Dr. Natasha’s Recommendations
- The Top Five Natural Things To Do For Pink Eye
- Shocking Evidence Scurvy Is On The Rise
- Transmission of Lyme Through Mosquitoes, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Urine, Semen, Saliva, Breast Milk…….
- Shocking Findings on Cholesterol and Heart Disease Scam
- What do you do when you just can’t do GAPS, but need it? #overwhelmed
- Natural Beekeeping Shows Outrageous Results
- Natural Support for Headaches and Migraines Due to Barometric Weather Changes
- The Ionic Foot Bath – Effective, Hoax or Something Else
- Natural Remedies For Anxiety, A Bach Flower Guide
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master