* This recipe calls for 3-4 spinach leaves which are a GAPS phase 6 food. If you wish to do spinach coloring earlier than phase 6 it is GAPS approved to juice the leaves. Spinach is not neccessary to this treat.
To try Lemon Drops, which are equally as healthy but a different flavor click here for the recipe.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tablespoon local organic honey
- 3-4 spinach leaves
- Put all ingredients into your blender or Vitamix until thoroughly blended. Put contents into a frosting bag and drop onto Silpat or parchment sheets. Put in the freezer. After 30 minutes scrape into zip bags and store in the freezer.
- If you blend too much and it becomes too runny or thin put frosting bag in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Kneed with hands to break up any hard coconut oil clumps. Continue to make flowers.
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon mint extract (less for a more subtle flavor)
2-3 tablespoons local honey
few spinach leaves
Stir up all ingredients in a Vitamix, food processor or other appliance. Load into a frosting bag and squeeze out flowers onto a non-stick pan. Freeze and enjoy.
*Nourishing Plot is written by a mom whose son has been delivered from the effects of autism (asperger’s syndrome), ADHD, bipolar disorder, manic depression, hypoglycemia and dyslexia through food. This is not a newsarticle published by a paper trying to make money. This blog is put out by a mom who sees first hand the effects of nourishing food vs food-ish items. No company pays her for writing these blogs, she considers this a form of missionary work. It is her desire to scream it from the rooftops so that others don’t suffer from the damaging affect of today’s “food”.
*If you learned something from this post share it so others can do the same. To support the efforts of this blog shop the links above like this one. You pay the same shopping through Amazon while the author receives a small referral fee from Amazon. This offsets the costs of this site.
*If you would like to receive further posts from this author go to the Nourishing Plot Facebook page linked by clicking here. Once there, “like” a handfull of articles so future posts are uploaded into your Facebook newsfeed.
Topicsadditives ADHD adrenal anxiety autism B12 behavior bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol coconut oil depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride drugs fat fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity home schooling hormones iodine kefir microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Homemade Soap – A Clean Way to Get Clean
- Thanksgiving Turkey – GAPS Approved
- Pumpkin Pie – GAPS Approved
- Pie Pumpkin VS Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin, The Pumpkin Pie Showdown
- Cooking With Olive Oil – Caution Advised
- Resolving Croup Naturally
- The Damage Stress Does To The Microbiome
- Resolving Constipation While On GAPS
- High Cholesterol Findings Show Enormous Benefits
- Halloween Party Tray – GAPS Approved