It’s Friday and the men of this house are heading out to camp for the weekend (I’ve got a women’s conference at church). There are numerous meals we can pack for on-the-go-food but let’s be serious here, nothing tops bacon jerky. It’s easy. It’s tasty. It’s an energy giving food being that it’s a healthy fat. Plus it holds you over forever with consistent fuel.
To quote Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, “Vegetables cleanse, meats and fats nourish.”
Remember parasites and worms can be acquired from pork. Be careful with your meat, be sure it has been deeply frozen for 4 weeks prior to using to kill any potential pathogens. Watch your temperature and cook thoroughly.
First, start with a good source of bacon. It’s vital that the pig was NOT fed antibiotics and was preferrrably not fed soy but instead pastured.
Cut the slices of bacon in half so they’re easier to eat. Marinade them for four hours if you choose. My favorite marinade is tomato sauce, honey, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Lay the bacon slices out onto dehydrator trays.
Leave space for plenty of air movement. Dehydrate on 145-200 degrees for 8-12 hours being sure the meaty part of the bacon is cooked through when it’s done. Let it dehydrate to your preferred crispness. The longer it dehydrates the more fat will cook off the bacon making the whole slice crisper. I like mine looking like the picture above but feel free to set your own timeframe.
Bacon jerky is best
when you don’t tell your family it’s there. For some reason that makes it dissapear.
Bacon jerky stores perfectly in snack zip top bags.
Topicsadditives ADHD adrenal anxiety autism B12 behavior bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride drugs fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity iodine kefir kombucha microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Parasites And Their Connection To Toxic Heavy Metals, EMFs And Molds In The Body
- Fruit Juice, Smoked Food, Aspartame And More, Blamed For Contributing To Chronic Illnesses
- Making Your Own Black Salve
- Homemade Oreo™ Cookies – GAPS Approved
- Natural, Effective Support When You Are Bit By A Tick
- Vision, Dry Skin, Warts, Blindness And Stress, The Relationship To Vitamin A
- Using HMD, Heavy Metal Detox, While on GAPS
- Therapeutic Dose of Black Walnut Hull
- Testing Your Kombucha’s Sugar Content
- What Is The Proper Dosage of Activated Charcoal?