Navigating the waters of getting the inlaws on board with feeding children clean food is sometimes a bumpy road. This is a huge problem when mom is trying to figure out what foods cause what behavior problems. It’s worse if it’s your husband or wife who isn’t in agreement. It’s common for family members to not be on board. It’s normal for others to think you are crazy for believing food could affect behavior.
When it comes to convincing other pople that food is a cause for ADHD or autism or other disorders it takes patience.
Consider how you learned there was a challenge and consider how you came to your current position that food is causing behavior issues. Allow that person the time to also learn also. This is not easy.
Evidence is the best tool.
If you are in the process of learning food causes behavior problems and a family member is not on board try these steps so you are working together as a team.
10. Give them ariticles on the topic. An abundance can be found on the Weston A. Price Children’s Heatlh page: http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health.
[amazon-element asin=”0954852028″ fields=”lg-image” ]9. Borrow from the library or buy them GAPS so they can read at their own pace. Better yet ask for a GAPS book for Christmas! It puts them incharge of your education. Anything you learn from the book is due to them!
8. Tell them your discoveries as you uncover new problem foods.
7. Ask them to find articles for you.
6. When it’s just you, the child and the family member give the child a problematic food so you can watch the behavior problems surface.
5. Show them this blog as well as others.
4. Watch Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s taping at the Wise Traditions Conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_0NvcJZwa8 or Dr. Mercola’s interview with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJkS3ZBqos.
3. Feed them a grass fed beef burger. Sit back and watch as they say, “This tastes like the burgers I used to have as a kid!” This opens the door for more education for articles like this one http://www.eatwild.com/healthbenefits.htm.
1. Take your child (fully fed with clean food for days so there is no behavior isses) to the family member’s house and stay with them for at least an hour, pointing out their good behavior as it unfolds, them leave the child there – preferably for two to three days.
The older the person the better as they remember the food their grandmother made when they were a kid. The most important item of the list is number 2. Always refer to number 2. Each and every time we stood at the edge of the cliff, stuck on what was causing the current problem we prayed. Every single time God came through with the most clear answers. Every single time it was a food we were eating that we thought was clean food but was a poser, an item that was not food but food-ish.
This post is the answer to a private message sent by a mom who wished to stay anonymous. We are each in this alone but together we can make it easier for each other. Support means a lot when you are struggling through the fog. If you have experienced something else that helped in your situation or if you have other ideas please list them below.
To read more about the benefits of grass fed meat, click here.
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 behavior bipolar butter candida chelation depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Natural Support for Headaches and Migraines Due to Barometric Weather Changes
- The Ionic Foot Bath – Effective, Hoax or Something Else
- Natural Remedies For Anxiety, A Bach Flower Guide
- ALA, DMSA and EDTA Chelation While on GAPS
- GAPS Smoothie
- GAPS, A Full Review and Q & A Interview
- Letter to Establishments For Bringing in Outside Food
- Homemade Root Beer Kombucha
- Ketchup From Garden Fresh Tomatoes – GAPS Approved
- Natural vs Synthetic Vitamins, The Difference Between Life and Formaldehyde or Fermented Cyanide
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master