There is a basic recipe for Lara bars, which my family now calls Becky Bars (*but I don’t like things named after me when Lara something, somewhere should be getting the credit*). I have no idea what the real recipe is for a Lara Bar but since we have so many food allergies and live on the go, most of the time, I needed to experiment.
For each recipe the ratio that works is one cup gummy one cup nut.
This means if you’re making:
- Cherry Bars- 1/5 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup dates (gummy ingredients totaling 1 cup), 1 cup cashews.
- Peanut Bars- 1 cup dates, 1 cup peanuts
- Blueberry Bars- 1/2 cup dried blueberries, 1/2 cup dates, 1 cup cashews
- Cashew Cookie Bars- 1 cup dates, 1 cup cashews
Follow along below as I walk you through the cherry bars.
Ingredients are all from Costco. Cashews, medjool dates (GAPS approved) and dried cherries.
Please note all dried fruits have some sugar added. If you are on GAPS introduction no sugar of any kind is allowed. For those folks you need to stick to just Peanut Bars or Cashew Cookie Bars, not the bars with dried fruits. Once your gut has healed a bit and you can tolerate small portions of sugar then try other kinds.
We store them in a drawer but they keep fine in the refrigerator also. They are particularly favored as they contain no grains and no melting chocolate for gooey hot days.
[amazon-element asin=”B001CZ8I24″ fields=”lg-image” ]
[amazon-element asin=”B000RHXI7I” fields=”lg-image” ]
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar cancer candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Enjoy A Healthier Swimming Pool This Summer- Chlorine Alternatives
- What is the cause of Lyme Disease and what do we do about it?
- Is it always best to take an antibiotic when bit by a tick?
- Honey, Basic Microbiome Building
- The Link Between Chronic Illness and Root Canals, The Shocking Undeniable Facts
- Shocking Information on Chemotherapy, Studies Show Irrefutable Abuse
- The Hidden Secrets of Antibiotic Use
- Shocking Findings on the Instant Pot Could Be Causing You Harm
- How Do I Know Which Probiotic To Take?
- Ginger Snaps to Support SIBO – GAPS Approved
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master