There is a basic recipe for Lara bars, which my family now calls Becky Bars (*but I don’t like things named after me when Lara something, somewhere should be getting the credit*). I have no idea what the real recipe is for a Lara Bar but since we have so many food allergies and live on the go, most of the time, I needed to experiment.
For each recipe the ratio that works is one cup gummy one cup nut.
This means if you’re making:
- Cherry Bars- 1/5 cup dried cherries, 1/2 cup dates (gummy ingredients totaling 1 cup), 1 cup cashews.
- Peanut Bars- 1 cup dates, 1 cup peanuts
- Blueberry Bars- 1/2 cup dried blueberries, 1/2 cup dates, 1 cup cashews
- Cashew Cookie Bars- 1 cup dates, 1 cup cashews
Follow along below as I walk you through the cherry bars.
Ingredients are all from Costco. Cashews, medjool dates (GAPS approved) and dried cherries.
Please note all dried fruits have some sugar added. If you are on GAPS introduction no sugar of any kind is allowed. For those folks you need to stick to just Peanut Bars or Cashew Cookie Bars, not the bars with dried fruits. Once your gut has healed a bit and you can tolerate small portions of sugar then try other kinds.
We store them in a drawer but they keep fine in the refrigerator also. They are particularly favored as they contain no grains and no melting chocolate for gooey hot days.
[amazon-element asin=”B001CZ8I24″ fields=”lg-image” ]
[amazon-element asin=”B000RHXI7I” fields=”lg-image” ]
Topicsadditives ADHD adrenal anxiety autism B12 behavior bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride drugs fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity iodine kefir kombucha microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- GAPS Stories
- GAPS Shakes
- Chasing Away A Virus: Cold Sores, Fever Blisters, Shingles
- Homemade Toothpaste – GAPS Approved
- Raising Farmed Salmon VS Wild Caught- Is There Really a Need To Care?
- Chicken Skin Chips – GAPS Approved
- GAPS Approved Gelatin – The Full Story
- Chocolate And How It Fits Into GAPS
- Making Probiotic Whey
- Butter, Butter, Butter – A GAPS Approved Guide