Making lemon extract at home is more flavorful and much cheaper. Plus, it’s nearly free! The recipe is simple. First take organic lemons. Wash them twice being sure to rinse them really well. Pat dry.
Peel the skins off the lemons with a potato peeler. Be sure not to dig deep. You do not want the white portion of the lemon, just the skin. Pour vodka or gin over your lemon peels. I use vodka. The cheaper the better. We make ours in a quart jar because we use it so much. It’s easiest to peel your lemons as you use them and keep filling the jar as time passes. Top with a lid and store the jar in a dark cabinet. Every once in a while shake the jar or turn it over and back. It’s best to do this every day but in reality mine get shaken roughly every few weeks. The longer you let it brew the better the flavor. Some folks like it after a month, I let mine go at least 6 months.
The most economical lemon extract out there: [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”B00A380YY6″]
Cost of home made: $7 a quart
Lemon extract is often paired with yellow food coloring in recipes. Yellow food coloring is a product associated with behavioral problems in children. In fact the Center for Science in the Public Interest is trying to get the FDA to ban Yellow No. 5. (http://www.npr.org/2011/03/30/134962888/fda-probes-link-between-food-dyes-kids-behavior)
Europe revisited their stipulations on food colours, reevaluating their dangers. They found, “Exposure to synthetic colours or a sodium benzoate preservative (or both) in the diet result in increased hyperactivity.” (http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/660.htm)
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar cancer candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- The Link Between Chronic Illness and Root Canals, The Shocking Undeniable Facts
- Shocking Information on Chemotherapy, Studies Show Irrefutable Abuse
- The Hidden Secrets of Antibiotic Use
- Shocking Findings on the Instant Pot Could Be Causing You Harm
- How Do I Know Which Probiotic To Take?
- Ginger Snaps to Support SIBO – GAPS Approved
- Cooking Beef Tongue – A Step By Step Lesson of a True Delicacy
- Making Your Own Lugol’s Iodine 5% – The Recipe That’ll Save You Hundreds of Dollars
- Civil Liberties Pressed by Congressman Wanting to Stop Food Purchases From Farmers
- The Shocking Profits and Dangers of Health Insurance and Pharmaceutical Companies
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master