Chocolate brownies – GAPS and Paleo approved version at the end
These chocolate brownies are amazingly healthy and disappear without a mama feeling the need to chase down sneaky children. There are two ways to make the recipe: gooey brownies or cake brownies (shown). Gooey brownies are the same recipe as the cake brownies without the eggs and baking powder.
Cocoa is an unapproved item on GAPS but cocao is a totally different product. It’s more expensive, has better flavor and according to Dr. Natasha, author of GAPS, it doesn’t feed the bad bacteria in your gut or play games with blood sugar levels. This bag of cocao was purchased from Azure Standard, a non-GMO, organic, food co-op that delivers to your area if you have a local group creating enough orders. They cater to most food snobs from vegan to paleo, GAPS to fruititarians.
If you prefer to use regular cocoa powder make an equal substitution of cocoa instead of cocao.
The whole recipe is made in the Vitamix. Add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Then pour into a greased 8 X 8 pan and cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cooked in the center.
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
4 cups navy beans, properly soaked and cooked in meat stock
1.3 blocks Kerrygold grassfed butter (or 1 stick butter of your choice)
1/2 cup local honey
1/2 cup cocao
pinch of salt
1 tablepoon vanilla
6 eggs (preferably from a sun soaking bug eating chickens)
Add all the ingredients into a Vitamix or Cuisinart and blend until smooth. Pour into a greased 8 X 8 pan and cook 350 35-40 min
GAPS version: Use properly soaked (with a dash of apple cider vinegar) and rinsed navy beans that have been cooked in bone broth. Omit the baking powder and enjoy gooey brownies, best after being refrigerated. Use sugar free, dairy free, lecithin free chocolate chips.
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Shocking Findings on the Instant Pot Could Be Causing You Harm
- How Do I Know Which Probiotic To Take?
- Ginger Snaps to Support SIBO – GAPS Approved
- Cooking Beef Tongue – A Step By Step Lesson of a True Delicacy
- Making Your Own Lugol’s Iodine 5% – The Recipe That’ll Save You Hundreds of Dollars
- Civil Liberties Pressed by Congressman Wanting to Stop Food Purchases From Farmers
- The Shocking Profits and Dangers of Health Insurance and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Call to Action on Homeopathic Remedies – Immediate Response is Needed
- GAPS Approved Probiotics
- Shocking Information from Doctors on Intestinal Permeability – Leaky Gut
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master