GAPS and Paleo approved
1 cup coconut butter (3 cups of coconut flakes in a Cuisinart or Vitamix make 1 cup butter)
1 cup cashews
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened, organic)
¼ cup local honey
Zest from 2-3 large lemons
¾ cup dried pineapple (sugar free if possible)
1½ teaspoon vanilla
Mix together the coconut butter in Vitamix (blender or Cuisinart). Add cashews and coconut oil and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until desired consistency – not long, some remaining texture is great! Pour out mix onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet and spread thin. Put tray in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut bars into desired sizes. Place back in freezer for another 15 minutes. Plate.
Store in freezer until ready to serve. Can be prepared days ahead of time for party prep.
Cononut butter can be purchased or homemade. To make your own coconut butter you are in control of the ingredients and freshness. If you have a Vitamix pour 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes into the canister and mix on high for roughly three minutes. If you blend too long it will darken your butter, too little, you’ll taste coconut flakes instead of smooth butter. If you do not have a Vitamix it will just take longer in a Cuisinart (roughly 10 minutes).
Lemon zest is best from fresh lemons in a recipe like this. If you can not do fresh lemon zest use store bought – the end result will be crunchier and have less punch. Personally I make this recipe sometimes with 5 large lemons instead of two and add lemon extract instead of vanilla.
If you are using pinapple rings they work the same just cut them up into smaller chunks to start. Preferrably use your own dehydrated pineapple rings and add more honey to the recipe.
After you pour the ingredients out on to the tray spread it thin to your desired thickness. Thicker spread will be more of a fudge, thinner will be more of a bark.
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bipolar butter candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kefir kombucha liver support microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- GAPS and Low Dose Chelation with Andy Cutler Chelation – Dr. Natasha’s Recommendations
- Iodine on the GAPS Protocol – Dr. Natasha’s Recommendations
- The Top Five Natural Things To Do For Pink Eye
- Shocking Evidence Scurvy Is On The Rise
- Transmission of Lyme Through Mosquitoes, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Urine, Semen, Saliva, Breast Milk…….
- Shocking Findings on Cholesterol and Heart Disease Scam
- What do you do when you just can’t do GAPS, but need it? #overwhelmed
- Natural Beekeeping Shows Outrageous Results
- Natural Support for Headaches and Migraines Due to Barometric Weather Changes
- The Ionic Foot Bath – Effective, Hoax or Something Else
Google Ads Master
Google Ads Master