Few things fill the house with the smell of love like pumpkin bread! This gluten free, sugar free recipe quickly disappears. It freezes well and transports for camping like a charm.
The bread is always best if you beat the butter and maple syrup for 10 minutes until frothy. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or local honey
- 1 T molasses (optional, omit if you are on GAPS)
- 2 cup pumpkin
- 4 eggs, bug eating chickens free ranging in the yard preferred
- 3 1/2 t baking powder (use 1.5 teaspoon baking soda if you are on GAPS)
- 3 1/2 cup rice flour, almond flour, or sprouted Einkhorn, sprouted Emmer wheat)
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (preferably home brewed)
- 1 tsp vanilla (preferably home brewed)
- cream butter, maple syrup/honey and molasses until frothy, about 10 minutes.
- add eggs one at a time.
- add the pumpkin, vanilla and yogurt until combined.
- stir in flour and baking powder and remaining ingredients
- pour blended batter into a greased and floured pan
- cook 350 degrees for 40 minutes
Once the butter and maple syrup is frothy in the mixer add molasses and cooked pumpkin. Beat well.
Your mixture will be smooth. If you still have chunks of pumpkin it’s ok, you’ll just get bites of pure pumpkin in a slice.
Add each egg one at a time until each is incorporated.
Mix in the remaining ingredients. Click here for the secret ingredient! It’ll make your cooking compete on a whole different level! Be careful to use an aluminum free baking powder or make your own (one teaspoon baking soda two teaspoons arrow root powder -use immediately).
Butter the bunt pan.
bake at 350` for 40 min. Stick a butter knife into the cake and if it comes out clean it’s done. Other visuals to show a finished bread are a cracking top, a light browning color and the edges pull away from the sides.
Serve with lots of Kerrygold grass fed cows butter and enjoy! Click here for the secret ingredient.
Support this site!
- Famous Doctor and Groundbreaking Study Show Fear Disproportionately Outweighs Virus
- Homemade Body Cream
- The Dangers of Mercury Toxicity and One Solution That’s Showing Shocking Results
- Surprising Benefits of Sumac Lemonade – a Foraged End of Summer Treat
- Some Tomato Sauces and Tomato Products are Found to be Not Fully Tomato
Topicsadditives ADHD anxiety autism B12 bacteria bipolar cancer candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride fermented food fermented foods fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity Homeopathy iodine kombucha microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins virus wheat
Subscribe to our blog posts!
Support this site!