Key Lime Pie is a seasonal favorite, that is refreshing and smooth. Making Key Lime Pie in a healthy manner will satisfy even the most sensitive palate.
For the crust add two heaping cups of cashews (or two cups cashew butter), 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup of coconut flour to your Vitamix or food processor. Blend until smooth. Press the mixture into a pie pan covering the bottom and sides evenly. Cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool, then add the filling.
- 2 heaping cups cashews (or cashew butter)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons pastured butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup fine ground coconut flour
- Mix cashews in the Vitamix until dry and crumbly. Add egg, butter, vanilla and blend to combine. Remove batter from Vitamix and empty out into pie pan. With a rubber spatula mix in coconut flour.
- Press batter to cover pie dish. For a cold, no bake pie, such as key lime pie, cook the crust for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the pie filling mix in your Vitamix or food processor:
3 ripe avocados
2 sticks pastured butter
1/2 cup local honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup home fermented sour cream
the juice of 4 limes (1/2 cup)
Pour the filling mixture into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate. Serve chilled, with whipped cream, if possible.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 sticks pastured butter
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup home fermented sour cream
- the juice of 4 limes (1/2 cup)
- Put all ingredients in the Vitamix, blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the ingredients into the cooked and cooled pie shell.
- Chill and serve cold.
- This key lime pie is so delicious you may be tempted to eat the whole pie!
“GAPS™ and Gut and Psychology Syndrome™ are the trademark and copyright of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. The right of Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted by her in accordance with the Copyright, Patent and Designs Act 1988.
Topicsadditives ADHD adrenal anxiety autism B12 behavior bipolar candida chelation cholesterol depression Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride drugs fluoride food intolerances GAPS GAPS approved GAPS recipe GAPS recipes GAPS snack GMO healing heavy metals heavy metal toxicity hormones iodine kefir kombucha microbiome natural healing nutrient dense nutrient dense foods parasites probiotic probiotics recipe recipes research sauerkraut thyroid toxicity toxins wheat yogurt
Subscribe to our blog posts!
- Vaccine Updates – The Refusal To Vaccinate Document, Mandatory Adult Vaccinations and Workplace Vaccination
- Sending Sympathies To Dr. Natasha
- Homemade Mead – GAPS Approved
- The Thanksgiving Butter – A Turkey To Remember
- Proper Use Of Gummies, Marshmallow Fluff and Gelatin While On The GAPS Protocol
- Homeopathy For Heavy Metals – GAPS Support
- Coconut Milk, Coconut Water, Coconut Meat and Coconut Oil On The GAPS Diet
- Kombucha While On GAPS, A Stage One Food
- Pumpkin Spice Kombucha
- Natural Mold Support, GAPS Approved